ship and port industry
Measurement for Maritime Industry
With our measurement solutions you are always on course!
The maritime industry places highest demands on measurement technology, functionality and material to withstand the sometimes adverse requirements on the high seas. Müller Industrie-Elektronik performs all these demands with decades of experience in measurement technology for shipbuilding industry and with measuring devices for pressure, temperature and force measurement which withstand extreme loads such as vibrations, heat and cold or agressive seawater.
The measuring instruments for pressure, level, temperature and force measurement technology can be used independently of the ship type on yachts, freight and container ships, tankers and cruise liners or offshore platforms up to crane and port facilities for all measurment technology rewuirements in the maritime industry.
Some examples of applications:
- equipment with temperature measuring technology for one of the worldwide largest
construction vessel ever built.
- equipment of cruise ships with force measuring technology for cranes and lifeboats,
temperature measuring technology and theatrical stage technique.
- load measuring and approved overload protection for ship hoists with 8500 t of lifting force.
- tank-measuring-system-monitoring for the oil filling as well as ballast tank-
and fuel filling state control.
- drive technology for sail yachts and motorboats with hybrid populsion technology
by special customised control module.
- hoist control for anchor chains in offshore platforms by force measuring technology –
worldwide in use application.
Certificates and approvals for shipbuilding industry
Highest quality is our benchmark!
The product portfolio has the relevant approvals for the shipbuilding industry such as DNV-GL and IEC-Ex | ATEX-Ex for temperature and pressure measurement technology as well as Performance Level e and Functional Safety according to SIL3 of EN 62061 / IEC 61508 and PL e of EN ISO 13849-1 for force measurement.